Support our 18th season!
Open Eye Figure Theatre creates original image-driven theater animating the inanimate on an intimate scale and builds community by advancing adventurous, artist-driven programming.
For 17 years, Open Eye has been a vital home dedicated to supporting Minnesota-based artists making their work—for you.
Whether you hosted a puppet show in your backyard, joined us in solving the mystery of The Red Shoes, were thrilled by the immersive dance-theater spectacle of The Dream Channel, or celebrated the season’s joy with Kephera: A Hip Hop Holiday Story, we love that you take time out of your busy schedule to join us.
FUN FACT: In 2017, we presented more than 225 public events serving more than 17,000 people in more than 100 communities.
In 2018, we promise to continue to offer you unique artistic endeavors. Coming soon:
- FUSEBOX — a NEW development lab for generative artists exploring adventurous territory. FUSEBOX will support Bradley Greenwald, Sally Rousse, Jeremy Wilhelm, Luverne Seifert, Annie Enneking, and many more of our artistic friends! Support This!
- Shá Cage — an artist/curator who will partner with Open Eye to continue to develop her acclaimed Catalyst program to promote exciting new visual art, dance, film, and performance by emerging artists of color. Support This!
- Constance In the Darkness: A Musical in Miniature — a marvelous and magical world premiere work by Michael Sommers and Joe Evans. Support This!
- The Red Shoes — the acclaimed film-noir-fairy-tale (a Top Ten Pick from theStar Tribune!) returns with plans to tour. Support This!
- The Driveway Tour — the 2018 summer shows will travel throughout the seven county region! Support This!!!
As 2017 comes to a close, please make a contribution to launch our exciting 18th season in creative and financial health. Together, we can keep Open Eye healthy, sustainable, and vibrant.
Wishing you a New Year filled with art, love, health, and happiness,
Susan Haas and Michael Sommers
Founders of Open Eye Figure Theatre, est. 2000